- Citizen Advisory Boards
- Local Boards and Committees
- Keep Oconee County Beautiful Commission
- KOCBC KAB Youth Advisory Council
KOCBC KAB Youth Advisory Council
2019-2020 Keep Oconee County Beautiful Commission Youth Advisory Council
- Riley Byers
- Caleb Camus
- Arianna Cross
- Bethany Crumley
- Scout Huff-Streiter
- Wyatt Huff-Streiter
- Meryl Jones
- Amrita Julka
- Birkley Heynen
- Abbigail Miller
- Arin Phadke
- Anna Pinneau
- Asher Sinclair
- Sam Snyder
- Samantha Weatherly
Keep Oconee County Beautiful Commission Youth Advisory Council
Become a Keep Oconee County Beautiful Commission Youth Advisory Council Member! Applications for the 2019-2020 school year are closed; however interested students are welcome to participate in YAC events. Follow us on Instagram @kocbc1990 to see upcoming opportunities.
The goal of the Keep Oconee County Beautiful Commission Youth Advisory Council (KOCBC YAC) is to engage passionate youth in reducing waste, enhancing natural resources, and beautifying our community. The Youth Advisory Council is open to dedicated middle and high school students who want to make a positive difference in their community. As an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful, members gain experience leading, problem solving, and educating others on important sustainability issues.
- Eligibility for local and national scholarships
- Leadership and volunteer experience (volunteer activities can also count for BETA and other clubs)
- Increased knowledge of sustainability, environmental issues, and recycling
- Eligibility for the national Keep America Beautiful Youth Advisory committee and conference
- Opportunity to make a positive difference in your community
- Potential to present to the Oconee County School Board, City of Watkinsville, and other government and civic groups
KOCBC Youth Advisory Council members commit to:
- Meet monthly for organization and planning, training, service days, and field trips. (Attending a minimum of 8 out of 10 monthly meetings)
- Participate in at least one service event in the fall and spring
- Organize one or more collaborative projects (examples available on the KAB Youth Advisory Council Guide)
KOCBC YAC is supported by the KOCBC members and staff who provide training, funding, guidance, and connections.
During the 2018/19 school year, KOCBC YAC was instrumental in bringing public recycling to The City of Watkinsville in both Harris Shoals Park and at Rocket Field. KOCBC YAC also helped to certify Harris Shoals Park, Watkinsville Woods, and John McNally Park as recognized Wildlife Habitats, as well as participated in multiple cleanups, the Fall Festival, and many other community events. In addition, past Youth Advisory Council member Atticus Lemahieu was one of two nationwide recipients of the 2017 Keep America Beautiful Youth Advisory Council Scholarship.
For additional information on KOCBC YAC, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706-310-3560.
The Keep Oconee County Beautiful Commission Youth Advisory Council is a partnership with Keep America Beautiful. Funds to establish this council are from both Keep America Beautiful and the Wrigley Company Foundation. This initiative was designed to create a framework for youth engagement with KOCBC.