The Oconee County Senior Center is currently closed for indoor activities due to COVID-19. For more information on staying safe, please visit cdc.gov. Please continue to stay updated through our webpage, Facebook, email, or a telephone call to the Senior Center if you have questions related to upcoming planned activities and programs.
To positively impact the community by creating opportunities for healthy aging through social engagement, physical activity and well-being, civic involvement, creativity, and lifelong learning.
To give all members a sense of belonging, to provide them with programs and activities that contribute to well-being, and to encourage them to stay active and healthy.
Oconee County Senior Center
3500B Hog Mountain Road
Watkinsville, GA 30677
Registration and Membership Information
The Oconee County Senior Center welcomes participation from local citizens age 50 or over. Membership options:
- “Full” membership is for any person age 60 or over and includes meal service and/or or uses the Center’s bus transportation.
- “Activities Only” membership is for persons who want to participate in Senior Center activities such as exercise programs, card games, bingo, etc. without taking meals or using the Center's bus transportation.
Important criteria for membership:
- Ability to attend the center at least once a month for programs and activities;
- Ability to communicate your needs and perform routine “activities of daily living” (ADL) independently. This includes eating, toileting, and entering and exiting the bus/van, and navigating the Senior Center;
- Ability to ambulate independently, with or without assistive devices, or have a caregiver on hand who is able to assist you;
- Must be continent (able to toilet) or able to manage incontinence successfully and independently or have a caregiver on hand to assist you;
- For your safety and the safety of fellow participants, no one exhibiting confusion or a tendency to wander may attend the center without an attending caregiver.
If interested, for more information, please stop by the Center and take a tour with one of the Senior Center’s courteous and professional staff members. Please call us with any questions you may have at 706-769-3979. We look forward to meeting with you to complete your membership registration!
Senior CenterPhysical Address
3500B Hog Mountain Road
Watkinsville , GA 30677
3500B Hog Mountain Road Watkinsville GA 30677
Merry HowardSenior Center Director
Allison BurnsSenior Center Assistant Director
Angela HelwigAging Services Coordinator
Mary Ann HallFood Services Manager
Pat AndersonReceptionist/Activities Aide
Marge McKeeSenior Activities Aide