Oconee County Senior Center
Oconee County Senior Center Update -- Tuesday, July 7, 2020
Hello Seniors! Please be advised that the Picnic on the Lawn planned for July 15, 2020 has been delayed until it can be determined that the current number of positive cases of COVID-19 are on the decline. In a recent conversation with the Oconee County Administrator and the EMS Director, it was determined that, while it may be an opportunity to fellowship and catch up with friends, gathering during this rise in COVID-19 cases would not be safe for those persons we serve through the Senior Center.
Please continue to stay updated through our webpage, Facebook, email, or a telephone call to the Senior Center if you have questions related to upcoming planned activities and programs.
Merry Howard, Senior Center Director
Staying safe from the Corona virus
* Clean your hands often with soap and water, or hand sanitizer
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick
* Wear a cloth face mask to avoid spreading the illness
* Distance yourself from other people for at least 6 feet
* Stay home as much as possible, especially if you are sick
* Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow, then wash hands
* Clean and disinfect surfaces daily
For more information on Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at https://www.coronavirus.gov/.
Merry Howard, Senior Center Director, email@example.com Allison Burns, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Angela Helwig, Aging Services Coordinator, email@example.com
Mary Ann Hall, Food Services Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Marge McKee, Senior Services Aide, email@example.com
Pat Anderson, Receptionist, firstname.lastname@example.org
To positively impact our community by creating opportunities for healthy aging through social engagement, physical activity and well-being, civic involvement, creativity, and lifelong learning.
To give all our members a sense of belonging, providing them with programs that contribute to their well-being, and helping to keep them healthy, happy and informed.
Activities The Oconee County Senior Center offers a wide variety of daily activities:
- Exercise - Senior Fit, Chair Zumba, Line Dancing
- Games - Bingo, Bridge, Canasta, Mahjong, Ping Pong, Pool, Rummikub, Texas Hold'em Poker
- Educational programs, computer classes, arts and crafts instruction
- Holiday parties
- Music programs
- Health screenings - blood pressure checks, etc.