- Procurement & Vendor Information
Procurement & Vendor Information
To provide centralized, value based, efficient purchasing services to all County departments for the procurement of materials, equipment and services of the best quality and price, from the right source, and at the right time.
To ensure purchasing policies and procedures are followed to maintain consistency in procurement practices and in compliance with Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
To promote a competitive, fair, and impartial environment throughout the vendor community.
Doing Business With Oconee County
Oconee County has an online Vendor Registration through the Vendor Registry website. If you wish to register your business in Vendor Registry, please register by clicking the “Get Started” button, and then following the directions.
If you are already registered with Vendor Registry, we ask that you update your information as necessary by using your Login and Password. Once you have registered, it is important to keep your business information and vendor documents current. It just takes a few minutes to update your information.
If you are an active vendor with the County, please be sure that your vendor documents have been uploaded to Vendor Registry and are current. Your company will be unable to do business with the county unless all vendor documents are current. Oconee County requires the following documents:
- Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act Affidavit
- For vendors who intend to engage in the physical performance of services on County property, a Certificate of Insurance is also required. Please see the Oconee County Insurance Requirements.
- Business License
- Professional License if applicable
Click Vendor Documents to download what you need to complete your registration process.
Vendor Registry allows you to quickly register and update details such as what products and services you provide as well as your contact information. This will enable us and Vendor Registry to update your vendor files, download mandatory documents, and notify you of important bid opportunities in the future. It will also allow departmental Buyers access to the most current vendor information available to obtain quotes for goods or services.
If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please call Vendor Registry at 865-777-4337.
How Does the Procurement Process Work?
Oconee County purchases goods and services through quotes and bids. You can find out about our open solicitations now by visiting the “Bid Opportunities” link located in the sidebar. Oconee County also advertises open solicitations in the Oconee Enterprise, every Thursday. There is also a Bid board in the Oconee County Finance Department Office.
- Purchases under $2,000 - may be obtained from suppliers and distributors and processed on a Department Purchase Order.
- Purchases between $2,000-$10,000 - require a Requisition and Purchase Order with three competitive verbal quotes.
- Purchases between $10,000-$20,000 - require a Requisition and Purchase Order with three competitive written, faxed, or emailed quotes.
- Purchases $20,000 and over - require a Requisition and Purchase Order after the formal sealed bid or proposal process.
What We Need and Expect From Our Suppliers
- Dependable products, service, and delivery
- Service work completed on schedule
- Competitive pricing
- Good communication with buyers to keep them informed on new products and changes within the suppliers or contractors’ organizations
- Suggestions for substituting products or material of equal performance to reduce cost
- Settlement of warranty claims on a timely basis
What Does Oconee County Buy?
The county is responsible for:
- Maintenance of buildings and facilities which require janitorial supplies and equipment, plumbing and electrical products, lights and controls, HVAC equipment, office machines and supplies, and filing, printing and mailing equipment
- Offices which require furniture, computers and related equipment, telecommunications equipment, office machines and supplies, and filing and printing
- Institutions which require personal and professional services, laboratory, and medical supplies and equipment, clothing, bedding, food and food processing items
- Parks and grounds which require landscape maintenance equipment, fencing, seed, plantings, and fertilizer
- Car and truck fleets which require fuel and lubricants, replacement parts, tires, batteries, and body and engine services
- Roads and highways which require road materials, signs, markers and heavy equipment
- Law enforcement and public safety operations which require communications equipment, firearms and ammunition, Fire/Rescue Equipage, rescue equipment, forensic investigation supplies, emergency medical and safety supplies
- Design and construction of buildings, roads, and facilities which require architectural, engineering and environmental services, and construction services
Local Business Initiative
Any purchase or contract of under $100,000 bid or otherwise placed by Oconee County, may be awarded to a Local Business, as defined according to Oconee County Policy, in case of equivalent bids. In cases in which a bid by a Local Business is within 7% of the lowest overall bid supplied by a non-local business, the County is authorized to negotiate with Local Business with the lowest bid among the Local Business to allow such Local business to match the lowest bid supplied by a non-local business. In the event a Local Business matches the lowest bid, including all other terms, quality and conditions of the bid, then the Local Business may be awarded the contract. In the event the bids of more than one Local Business are within 7% of the lowest overall bid of a non-local business, the Local Business with the lowest bid price will be given the first opportunity to match the lowest overall bid. If this Local Business declines to do so, then the Local Business with the next lowest bid within 7% will be given the opportunity to match the lowest bid and this process will continue until a contract is reached with a Local business or there is no other Local Business within 7% of the lowest overall bid.