- Greensboro Highway (SR15) - 2001 Greensboro Highway at Green Ferry Road
- Jimmy Daniell Road - Jimmy Daniell Road near SR316
- Hog Mountain Road (SR53) - Hog Mountain Road at Carrithers School Road
- Rankin Road - Across from Oconee County Middle School just off Mars Hill Road
- Hwy 441 - one mile south of Farmington on US441 (Macon Hwy)
The Hwy 441 Recycling/Waste Center in Farmington is open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
All other Recycling/Waste Centers are open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 8 a.m to 5 p.m. All sites will be closed on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday.
Recycling/Waste Centers will be closed on Oconee County Government holidays.
Use of the Recycling/Waste Centers is limited to citizens of Oconee County. Please be prepared to show proof of residency to the attendant upon entry. You may use your vehicle registration or driver’s license. (If you are new to the county, you can show a utility bill in your name to prove residency – the name must match your driver’s license.)
Recycling is available free of charge for the following items:
- Cardboard/Paper (no shredded paper)
- Plastics #1-7 (remove handles)
- Aluminum and metal food cans and glass
- All items must be free of residue; leave lids attached
- No tanglers (e.g. hangers, plastic film/grocery bags, bucket handles, etc.)
- For all other materials, see info on disposing of hard to recycle items
Note: Oconee County Recycling/Waste Centers collect recyclables in a dual stream system with glass, plastics, steel and aerosol cans co-mingled and paper and cardboard products co-mingled.
Information & Pricing
Pay-As-You-Throw Bags (PAYT) for household garbage, which may be purchased on-site or at area grocery and convenience stores, may be taken to any collection & recycling site. All other materials can only be accepted at the Hwy 441 Recycling/Waste Center.
All Recycling/Waste Centers accept checks. The Hwy 441 Recycling/Waste Center accepts checks or credit cards. Recycling/Waste Centers cannot accept cash.
Waste Reduction Guidelines for Oconee County
- All scrap metal (old appliances, grills, lawn mowers, etc.) can be taken to the Hwy 441 Recycling/Waste Center at no charge
- Computers and most other office equipment may be taken to the Hwy 441 Recycling/Waste Center and placed in the electronics recycling section at no charge. Televisions are not accepted for electronics recycling, they must be disposed of as solid waste.
- For other types of waste, or trash and debris too big for a PAYT Bag, a large "roll-off" container is available at the Hwy 441 Recycling/Waste Center ($65/ton).
- The Hwy 441 Recycling/Waste Center will accept scrap tires for a fee; passenger vehicles only.
- Motor oil can be recycled at the Hwy 441 Recycling/Waste Center and Rankin Road Recycling/Waste Center; cooking oil is accepted for recycling at all sites.
- All materials that cannot be recycled or reused have a disposal fee based on weight. For questions call 706-769-3915.
- As a reminder, the State of Georgia prohibits littering and burning household garbage. Loads must also be secured in vehicles while traveling.