The Oconee County Board of Commissioners held a public hearing for the Fiscal Year 2023 Budget immediately prior to its regular meeting on Tuesday, June 7, 2022.
The Board of Commissioners unanimously approved the 2023 Budget, which includes a full millage rate rollback to offset an increase in property values.
The following actions were taken at the Board of Commissioners Regular Meeting:
- Oconee County Water Resources Department will hold a public meeting on the proposed expansion of the Calls Creek Water Reclamation Facility on Tuesday, June 14, at 2 p.m. in the Community Room at Oconee Veterans Park
- A Town Hall Meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 14, at 6 p.m. at the Oconee County Civic Center; the meeting will include a kick-off for the Comprehensive Plan Update and will be open for both in-person attendance and virtual attendance via Zoom
- Heard update on Cole Springs Road and GDOT’s plans to provide recommendations to improve the intersection of Cole Springs Road and State Route 53 to identify potential short-term and long-term solutions with the goals of re-opening the section of Cole Springs Road and providing a safer intersection
- Held public hearing and approved update to the No Through Truck Ordinance, which will include all roads on the current list of No Through Truck Traffic Roads
- Approved with conditions Rezone P22-0064 for ±2.02 acres located at 2821 Flat Rock Road from AG (Agricultural District) to AR (Agricultural Residential District)
- Appointed Theresa Ruffen and Shannon Martin to the Oconee County Animal Services Advisory Board
- Appointed Latanja Clark, Patricia Wining, and Lea Martin to the Oconee County Family and Children Services Board
- Appointed Sarah Cumuze, Candice Meeler, and Dean Bright to the Oconee County Tourism and Visitors Bureau
- Appointed Darius Johnson, Lona Panter, Brittany Siewe, and Aimee Cheek to the Keep Oconee County Beautiful Commission
- Approved appointment of a Special Master for the Ethics Board
- Approved intergovernmental agreement with Athens-Clarke County regarding Juvenile Court Judge Compensation
- Approved Hog Mountain Road Multi-use Path Design Services Award to Atlas Technical Systems
- Approved Awarding Invitation to Bid for Herman C Michael Pickleball Courts to Bayne Development Group
- Approved the Public Defender FY23 Indigent Defense Services Agreement for the period of July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023
- Approved the Early Retirement Budget Amendment
- Approved Equity and Merit Adjustments
Watch videos of Board of Commissioners meetings on the county’s YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwmtvTm8RGjiwmHUO8DP1mw.