The Oconee County Board of Commissioners held its regular meeting on Tuesday, August 2, 2022.
The following actions were taken at the meeting:
- Approved Amendment to the Noise Ordinance to prohibit tractor trailers and other large vehicles from making excessive noise through the use of Jake brakes or lack of appropriate muffler https://www.oconeecounty.com/DocumentCenter/View/14937/07082022-Memo-to-BOC---Noise-ordinance-text-amendment
- Deferred until the September 13, 2022 Board of Commissioners Meeting a request for Rezone #P22-0061 for ±43.76 acres located at Hog Mountain Road and US Highway 78 from B-1 (General Business District) to B-1 (General Business District) and B-2 (Highway Business District) and Variance #P22-0127 for ±3.4 acres located along US Highway 78 to increase the maximum allowable parking spaces from 47 to 84
- Approved with one condition Rezone #P22-0077 for ±4.00 acres located at 1351 Colham Ferry Road from AG (Agricultural District) to AR (Agricultural Residential District)
- Approved with conditions Rezone #P22-0085 for ±4.47 acres located at 1101 Cliff Dawson Road from AR (Agricultural Residential) and AG (Agricultural District) to AR (Agricultural Residential District)
- Approved with conditions Rezone #P22-0089 for ±24.07 acres located at 1541 and 1641 Virgil Langford Road from R-3 MPD (Multi-Family Residential Master Planned Development) and AG (Agricultural District) to OIP (Office Institutional Professional District)
- Approved with conditions Rezone #P22-0091 for ± 8.1 acres located at 1971 Flat Rock Road from AG (Agricultural District) to AR (Agricultural Residential District)
- Approved with one condition Rezone #P22-0131 for ±9.9 acres located at 1591 Snows Mill Road with one condition from AG (Agricultural District) to AR-3 (Agricultural Residential Three Acre District)
- Approved the 2022 Tax Millage Levy for Oconee County Government Maintenance & Operations of 5.954 mils in unincorporated areas and 6.804 mils in incorporated areas; this millage rate represents a full millage rate rollback resulting in no tax increase as inflationary growth in the tax digest is offset by the rollback
- As required by state law, the Board of Commissioners confirmed the 2022 Tax Millage Levy for Oconee County Schools Maintenance and Operations of 15.5 mils
- Approved resolution including the Intergovernmental Agreement for the TSPLOST Referendum between Oconee County Government and all four municipalities to fund projects in the areas of repaving, safety and operational improvements, trails, and general fund offsets; the TSPLOST will be on the ballot for the November 8, 2022 Election; for more info, visit https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/d65b10efc46148e28d6213e8ee92f3dc
- Approved the Alcohol License Request for Costco Wholesale Corporation, 5550 Parkway Boulevard, Athens, with Justin Spira as the Registered Agent
- Approved the Wireless Emergency Alert Testing Memorandum of Understanding
For more information about Oconee County Government, visit www.oconeecounty.com.
Watch videos of Board of Commissioners meetings on the county’s YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwmtvTm8RGjiwmHUO8DP1mw.