Oconee County Government and the Keep Oconee County Beautiful Commission will host a Battery and Tire Amnesty event during the month of October. Tires and batteries collected as part of this event will be recycled.
Oconee County residents may bring up to four tires per vehicle to any one of the county’s five Recycling/Waste Convenience Centers during regular hours of operation. Centers are open on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. The Highway 441 Center is open on these days from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. All other sites are open on these days from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Only tires from cars and light trucks will be accepted, and tires must not be on rims.
Auto and boat batteries will also be accepted for recycling with no limits on quantity.
“We are thrilled to be able to offer this opportunity to recycle tires and batteries to our residents,” said Keep Oconee County Beautiful Executive Director Cindy Pritchard. “We also want to thank the Georgia EPD for making this program possible.”
Recycling/Waste Convenience Center Locations:
- Greensboro Highway (SR15) - 2001 Greensboro Highway at Green Ferry Road
- Jimmy Daniell Road - Jimmy Daniell Road near SR 316
- Hog Mountain Road (SR53) - Hog Mountain Road at Carrithers School Road
- Rankin Road - Across from Oconee County Middle School just off Mars Hill Road
- Hwy 441 - One mile south of Farmington on US 441 (Macon Hwy)
For more information about the Tire Amnesty event or Keep Oconee County Beautiful, call 706-310-3560 or email email@example.com.
For more information about Oconee County’s Recycling/Waste Convenience Centers, visit https://www.oconeecounty.com/302/RecylingWaste-Centers.